Thursday, February 27, 2003

What's in a Name?

David's Blog, while terribly descriptive seems to lack a certain zing. But I'm damned if I can come up with a better name. I am quite attached to my name, of course -- having had it for several years -- but it is hardly unique. In fact among men of approximately my age (born in the last half of the 1960s) it sometimes seems like every Tom, Dick, and Harry is named David. This seems to spread across the anglophone world as well, since I got my name in the UK, and this observation holds true in the US as well. I even have friends born into Spanish-speaking families called David. Anyway, if I can come up with something better, the blog name will change without notice. But the address (composed of half of each of my dogs' names) is unlikely to change any time soon.