Thursday, December 11, 2003

More Local Stuff

Moving from politics to passions, I was glad to read in this morning's paper that our local motorsports facility BeaveRun has had a solid first year and looks like it will be around for a while. There is a limit to how many Sunday races I can subject my family to, but we did take a picnic out there one Sunday and watched some very good racing at a reasonable price. The one major improvement that I'd like to see them make is to extend the PA system out to all the spectating areas. Although they have some nice hills from which to view the track, you can't hear the announcer from them.

We'll probably try to take in a couple of days next summer too, but that combined with the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix pretty much maxes out my store of good will!