Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Short Test

I'm doing a quick test of some changes in my Atom feed & blog item format. As I have switched to monitoring the blogs I read using a news aggregator rather than direct access, I have found that I really prefer feeds that include the full text of the article. It saves program switching and reloading of the same information. I understand that advertising-supported blogs need to get eyeballs and I don't begrudge them that need. But if you don't make money from ads, why would you insist on people getting the full story only from your site? Are you that fond of your formatting? (OK, that's a petty point, but I want to make this post long enough to smash through the blogger atom short feed length)

I also want another paragraph to see how that comes out, and I have added a formal title field in the hope that that will also help make my feed articles more legible.