Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Way We Were

I've got a technical phone screening this afternoon for a job here in town. I've gone through a few of these before, and I'm starting to realize that I really don't like them. In this case, the only information I have about the job is what the company does, and a four line job description on their website. Given that, the interviewer could pretty much ask me anything from Computational Fluid Dynamics to Fortran programming practices.

Now my Fortran is a little rusty, but it is my computational mother tongue, so to speak. My CFD experience goes back to graduate school and is more limited, so I've been reviewing (among other things) my dissertation.

I've come to the conclusion that I was pretty damn clever ten years ago and, by extension, I am now apparently a blithering idiot.