Monday, July 18, 2005

Call me busy, call me lazy

Just don't call me late to dinner.



OK, so I have been recalcitrant in typing anything here. Put it down to a supreme funk on the political scene, combined with an upswing in family life.



So, I'll ignore the political stuff for now. Suffice to say I am still not overly impressed with the current administration. Or my junior senator. Or my local representative, or my local state senator. Perhaps I'm not cut out of the right(!pun) mold for life in the North Hills of Pittsburgh.



On a family front, for those who know or care, things are going well. Almost a year into my job I am continuing to both enjoy and be challenged by it. When I consider the morale situation at my last job (before I got laid off) I still find it somewhat astonishing that there can be jobs where people show up regularly and are productive while they are there. It's actually pretty cool.



The rest of the family is thriving. More details are certainly available, but probably not for publication. If you want to be on our Christmas letter list, drop me a line at the above address.



On other fronts, Go Lance!



Oh, and don't get me started about the US Grand Prix. Astonishingly, the only party coming out looking good at the moment seems to be Michelin, and they were the ones who screwed up in the first place. Ugh. Still, I always thought that RoadAmerica or RoadAtlanta would have been better venues than the bastardized track at Indy, whose main purpose seemed to be to preserve the golf course.